Find out how to get the most out of cloud technology in your company
Companies have had to recognize the value that exists in modernizing their most critical management systems and data centers towards the cloud model, however, it is important to define a strategy so that this step generates added value to your company.
Companies must recognize the value that exists in modernizing their most critical management systems and data centers towards the cloud model, characterized by being more flexible, scalable and not requiring great technical knowledge or tedious maintenance.
However, it is important to define a strategy so that this step generates added value for your company , with clear objectives so that this process does not turn into high costs due to a disjointed administration that does not achieve the desired results.
To achieve this, you must start by determining if the company is prepared to start this process of transformation of its systems and the ROI model that they expect with this investment.
Developing a successful cloud strategy
Among the main recommendations for creating a cloud strategy are:
· Appoint a person in charge of supervising the process of migration to the cloud and hire an external company that is an expert on the subject and helps you develop the entire process step by step.
· Identify and prioritize the benefits that are sought to be obtained with the cloud strategy, both business and technological to know which one is best suited to them, be it public, private or hybrid.
It is important to choose the most suitable cloud service provider for the organization, as well as the most optimal service model: Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure -as-a-Service (IaaS).
· Software-as-Service (SaaS). It is a distribution model in which the software is offered and hosted by a CSP as a subscription service. The main benefit for the client is to have software without having to develop it, manage their own platform or build the necessary infrastructure.
· Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). In the event that a company wants to develop its own Apps but prefers to outsource the platform and infrastructure, this is the most recommended Cloud modality.
· Infrastructure-as-a-Service (Iaas) . Finally, this modality offers the possibility of using only the infrastructures of a CSP, internally carrying out the development of the App and management of the platform.
· Define the business units that will be migrated to the cloud system and how much budget they will have for this, with a consumption-based approach to predict the consumption that will be required in the cloud.
· Prepare the culture of the organization for cloud systems by identifying unused resources to achieve greater optimization of these.
For this, you must know in advance the demands of the business to track the use of the resources assigned to the cloud , allowing you to save by adjusting the size of your investment.
In addition, you must clean the data and its quality , archive the unnecessary or unreliable ones.
Cloud operations must be optimized so that those companies that have already chosen to migrate to this system align their investment to the specific objectives of their business to take advantage of the agility, services and innovation that this technology provides.
At AntIT we have cloud engineers who will help you in this process of reorganizing your company in terms of IT, both in the design and in the implementation of your strategy.
Benefits of leveraging cloud technology
One of the main reasons why the cloud model is so effective is its ease of quickly adapting business models to new consumption habits, achieving greater scalability, flexibility and speed in delivery times of digital services.
With the emergence of 5G technology, the cloud will become the model that supports the digital transformation, as it can be used in a greater range of devices and facilities in a homogeneous way.
Also, among the immediate benefits is not only cost reduction and greater efficiency, but also the improvement of time to market through the consumption of multicloud and hybrid models.
Companies that are interested in innovating will see the cloud model as the basis for making the most of solutions such as Big Data, analytics and artificial intelligence for process automation.
In the same way , cloud systems allow that in the event of a server failure, the load changes to others in the cloud, allowing both your applications, information and website to always remain at your disposal.
Likewise, financial institutions can store their data such as: numbers, accounts, transactions, document management, which from a device connected to the Internet can be accessed immediately and above all safely.
This is because experts agree that the cloud allows more secure procedures than the traditional one, since the reputation of the provider companies is based precisely on shielding access.
At AntIT we are experts in information technology (IT) capable of accompanying you in each of the processes that require in the cloud , Big Data, creation of specific APIs, helping in the development and connection of native cloud systems, becoming your best option.